This sprawling Southern Californian city is not just the heart of the tv and film industry in the US, but it is also an amazing place to do business. The people are friendly, open to innovation and trying new things.
Why do business there
LA has 300 days of summer and there is something about sunshine that is good for the mood and boosting creativity. Los Angeles also offers easy access to the global market and tons of specialised talent.
Why exhibit there
The Los Angeles Convention Center is located in the heart of vibrant Downtown L.A. and is renowned as a destination for conventions, trade shows and exhibitions.
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is one of the busiest in the world. But that isn’t the only way to get into the City of Angels. LA is well-known for its love of cars and interstate highways like US 101, Interstate 10 and Interstate 5 connect the city with the rest of the country.
Restrictions on what you can bring into the country
Follow the FAA’s Pack Safe guidelines and you won’t go far wrong.
Main exhibition centres
Exhibitions we have supported
- California Bridal and Wedding expo
- MWC 2019
- The Fit Expo
- Government Finance Officers Association Annual Conference
- Accounting and Finance Show
- Light Show West
- Build Expo
- Ski Dazzle 2018
Services we provide
- Booth Host/Hostess
- Lead Generator
- Crowd Gatherer
- Product Demonstrator
- Hospitality Staff
- Brand Ambassador
- Team Leaders
- Event Managers
Key tourist hotspots
The sprawling city of Los Angeles has long been known internationally in the film and entertainment industry, particularly for Hollywood. However, thanks to its warm climate and numerous beaches, there are all kinds of things to entertain visitors and interesting neighbourhoods for newcomers to explore.
Where to eat
- Grand central market - Not sure what to hit up first? Try the carnitas tacos at Tacos Tumbras, the falafel at Madcapra, the pastrami at Wexler’s and the panang curry at Sticky Rice.
- Tacos Leo - This taco truck is located in the parking lot of a gas station at La Brea and Venice Blvd. It has great tacos across the board, but everyone’s here for one thing - the al pastor.
- Local currency - US dollar.
- Language - English.
- Visa requirements. You will require a visa to enter the USA. What kind that is depends on where you have come from and what you are planning on doing there. The first step you have to take in order to start your US visa application, is to figure out under what kind of visa you are permitted to enter the United States. After you have selected the visa type you need to apply for, you should check the requirements and start gathering the documents that are required for that visa.
- Plug sockets in the USA are the standard two pin plugs.
- Cultural sensitivities. The USA is a real patchwork of cultures, identities and customs, however there aren’t any real cultural sensitivities to be aware of, but points worth noting:
- Most Americans move to a first name basis pretty quickly.
- Americans have no etiquette when it comes to giving and receiving business cards.
- Arrive on time for meetings as time and punctuality are very important to Americans.
- Use statistics to back up your claims - most Americans are impressed by hard data and evidence.