New York, New York, so good they named it twice - come to the city that never sleeps and have the exhibition of your life.
What is it like to do business here?
Well, as the song says, if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere, so why wouldn’t you give it a try? Entrepreneurs love it, startups thrive and with 43% of the city’s workforce made up of immigrants, you’ll be in great company.
Why exhibit there?
You will have unrivaled access to some of the biggest names in business and the opportunities that can arise from exhibiting in the most exciting city on earth are limitless.
Air travelers to New York City may arrive at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) or LaGuardia Airport (LGA), both in Queens, or Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) in neighboring New Jersey.
Restrictions on what you can bring into the country?
Follow the FAA’s Pack Safe guidelines and you won’t go far wrong.
- The Whitby - A boutique bolthole from the Firmdale group in the heart of Midtown Manhattan.
- Crosby Street Hotel - Luxury knows no bounds, yet the five-star service lacks pretence and is remarkably approachable.
- 1 Hotel Central Park - This luxurious eco hotel is as close as you’ll get to glamping in Central Park.
Main exhibition venues
- The Javits Center
- AMA New York Executive Conference Center
- Madison Square Garden Expo Center
- Radio City Music Hall
Exhibitions we have supported
Services we provide
- Booth Host/Hostess
- Lead Generator
- Crowd Gatherer
- Product Demonstrator
- Hospitality Staff
- Brand Ambassador
- Team Leaders
- Event Managers
Key tourist hotspots
This is New York, if you don’t know what there is to do here, where have you been? The opportunities are endless, the list is lengthy, below are a few choice touristy options to get you started, but you’re in New York - live a little!
- Statue of Liberty
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Central Park
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Empire State Building
- The Cornelia Street Café in the heart of the West Village is perfect for brunch, lunch or dinner.
- Buddakan – recognisable to Sex and the City fans as the place where Big and Carrie hold their engagement dinner in the film - serves mouth-watering Asian dishes and cocktails.
- Local currency - US dollar.
- Language - English.
- Visa requirements. You will require a visa to enter the USA. What kind that is depends on where you have come from and what you are planning on doing there. The first step you have to take in order to start your US visa application, is to figure out under what kind of visa you are permitted to enter the United States. After you have selected the visa type you need to apply for, you should check the requirements and start gathering the documents that are required for that visa.
- Plug sockets in the USA are the standard two pin plugs.
- Cultural sensitivities. The USA is a real patchwork of cultures, identities and customs, however there aren’t any real cultural sensitivities to be aware of, but points worth noting:
- Most Americans move to a first name basis pretty quickly.
- Americans have no etiquette when it comes to giving and receiving business cards.
- Arrive on time for meetings as time and punctuality are very important to Americans.
- Use statistics to back up your claims - most Americans are impressed by hard data and evidence.